Tuesday 7 October 2014

Meet Rachel, the New Language Assistant!

Hello, my name is Rachel! I am from the United States.

My parents live in a state called Pennsylvania. Their house is in the country where there are many farms and beautiful forests.



Pittsburgh is a city near to my parents' house. It has many bridges because it surrounded by three rivers.

Heinz Ketchup and the famous artist Andy Warhol are from Pittsburgh.


I lived with my parents in the country when I was younger but then I went to the university in New York City. I lived in this city for 4 years. New York City is the biggest city in the United States. It has many people from all around the world. It also has many tall buildings called skyscrapers. The most famous is the Empire State Building.



At the university I studied English literature and Anthropology. When studying literature I read many books. Anthropology is the study of people and their cultures.


While studying anthropology, I did an archeological excavation in Peru. My archeology team and I studied an ancient people called the Incas. We found skeletons, ceramics and stone tools.

I have a big family with 3 brothers, 1 sister and my parents. My sister lives in Alaska, one brother lives in California, another brother lives in Georgia and another lives in Ohio. Christmas is very special to my family because it is the only time during the year that we can visit each other.

I also have one dog and her name is Pepper (pimienta in Spanish!).

I like to travel a lot. I have visited Paris, Portugal, Morocco, Kenya, Peru, the Dominican Republic and many cities in the United States and Spain. Seville is my favorite city in Spain! I want to explore more places this year!



No comments:

Post a Comment