Saturday 23 April 2016

Spring Party: Alice in Wonderland

Lewis Caroll's Alice in Wonderland is now a world famous children's novel. It makes me happy to know that the same books and movies that I grew up with are now being learned by the next generation in Spain. The story goes that Alice chases the White Rabbit and falls through a rabbit hole where she steps into the magical world of "Wonderland" where she meets characters such as the Duchess, the Chesire Cat, the March Hare, the Mad Hatter, the Queen of Hearts included with perpetual tea parties, executions from the King, many animals and Alice waking up to realize it was all a dream.

An 1865 classic along with its sequel Through the Looking Glass original children's books have now been made into several versions of stories, disney movies, and cartoons.

This past week I got to go with 2A to paint flowers to decorate the school for the spring party today.
Thank you to the mothers who organized the craft and the event, it was a lot of fun for all the children today.












1 comment:

  1. Alice in wonderland party is very looking adorable. I wish I could have hosted this one earlier. I am sure everyone had a great time in the party. Going to book one of affordable venues in NYC for my daughter’s 11th birthday bash. Planning for a Disney themed party.

    ReplyDelete