Monday 22 May 2017

East Tennessee Culture

Hello everyone! Since we are wrapping up the end of the year, I have been showing my classes some fun and exciting aspects of my culture. This week I created a presentation on an amusement park that is very famous in East Tennessee, where I am from! The park is called Dollywood, a play on the name Hollywood that you are all surely familiar with. It is named after the park's owner, Dolly Parton, who is a famous country singer and does a lot of great things for the community in East Tennessee. Below is my presentation, which includes photos of the park, it's roller coasters and other rides, as well as pictures of Pigeon Forge where the park is located, views of the mountain and homes that can be found in the town. I hope you enjoy!










Here are some interesting videos related to Dollywood. The first one is a video showing you all of the different rides and activities Dollywood has to offer!:



Here's a classic song by Dolly Parton so you can get an idea of the classic style of country music that she, and my home state, are famous for! This is Dolly Parton singing her song 9 to 5:



Fun fact!: Did you know that Dolly Parton in Miley Cyrus's godmother? Here you can see Miley Cyrus singing a cover of one of Dolly Parton's famous songs, Jolene!:


No comments:

Post a Comment